From now on I will write this blog in English. Maybe I will allow myself some exceptions, for instance, in case of topics that are interesting for my italian followers only; but the English posts will be my rule, in the future.
Why? For below reasons:
- there are not many readers in Italy. I am tired of a nation where books are considered as furniture pieces; in addition to that, the English readers are a much broader platform (and not only in WordPress)
- it is a good exercise for my English, and it can be an advantage for my export department job too.
- I fear that my future is not in Italy. On the long run, maybe in 10-20 years, it doesn’t matter when, I won’t live here anymore. Our politicians do not give any hope to their citizens. I am proud of Italian cultural history, but I am ashamed of current clown statesmen, who allege to govern our country;
- many books that I read are of english speaking authors. When not, I would like that some Italian Writers could be worldwide known through my posts.
- foreign languages are one of the best ways to exercise the brain, and my husbands Always tells me that I am forgetful;-)
I hope you wil forgive my english mistakes.
I will lose some of my italian followers, for sure, but I believe that English Language should be our second mother tongue or, at least, that each inhabitan of our little Boot shall thrive to read and use it.
I hope to reach many more books addicts all around the world!